Standing Tall Against Challenges
Corn farmers face many hurdles, including pressure from weeds, insects, diseases, and unpredictable weather conditions that have increased in frequency and severity. How do you deal with these oversized challenges? With short stature corn features that add up to big benefits.
- The target plant height of short stature corn hybrids will be ≤ 7 feet versus 9-12 feet for a traditional corn hybrid.
- Shorter height allows for more flexible timing and the ability to use ground application of other crop inputs, like fungicides, insecticides and nitrogen.
- Target ear height will be ≥ 2 feet to maintain compatibility with standard harvest equipment.
- Ear size is similar to that of current corn hybrids.
- Due to improved plant standability, they will allow farmers to explore higher planting densities, providing the potential to produce more on every acre.